Friday, September 12, 2008

All I Need Is A Friend

All I Need Is A Friend
1997

During moments of troubles, I need someone to rely on;
In all days full of sorrw, I need somebody to lean on;
In my nights full of tears, I need shoulders to cry on;
With my life full of trials, I need a friend to count on.

A person who'll always be my friend and friend in deed;
Somebody who will not leave me neither abandon me;
Someone to be my friend in sickness and in health;
A friend who'll be with me whenever I call for plea.

A friend who cares a lot, he who understands;
Who cries when I am sad, who laughs when I am glad;
Who sharees with me what I have, and imparts what he has;
A person who'll walk with me through good things and bad.

There are some who will lead you to your desired destiny;
There are peers who'll mislead you to a life's tragedy;
There are friends who'll be with you when you're full of glory;
But there are few who will comfort you when you're down and lonely.

Everyone of us has his own beloved friend;
Each one of us has been hurt by a friend;
Almost of us has hurt our own dear friend;
But not all of us has been loved by a friend.

A true friend that I need is one who's love is true;
Someone who's so concerned, the one who's heart is pure;
Who will not take me for granted, that'one thing I'm sure;
When I'm broken-hearted, one who'll provide the cure.

A faithful and loving friend, that's what I'm looking for,
Someone who'll not betray me, somebody worth caring for,
One satisfied with friendship, who will not ask for more,
A biblical type of friend, that's what I'm searching for.

I don't need a boyfriend, who later would hurt me
I don't want a lover who would then abandon me
I don't seek for a sweetheart who is meant to betray me
All I need is a friend who will always love me.

No comments: